Tuesday 14 January 2014

Getting ready to go...

This Friday, I'm flying to Uganda to live and work in the capital, Kampala. I've set up this blog partly for myself as a bit of a journal and also for anyone who is interested in what I'm up to. I thought I would just do a short post before I go (so there's something to look at if you log on!).

For the next year or so I'm going to be general manager of the NGO, Uganda Hands for Hope. I'll write more about the charity when I'm there but, in the meantime, there's lots of info on the website or you can "like" the facebook page (see link to the right of this blog).

Since leaving work at Newham at Christmas, I have been spending lots of time with friends and family as well as preparing for going away. I am now vaccinated against pretty much everything it is possible to be vaccinated against (and the two anti-cholera drinks were about as tasty as they sound...), have spent quite a bit of time in Uganda House on Trafalgar Square and far too much time on the phone to banks and mobile phone companies.

I've also used going away as an excuse to go out and have some parties - two work leaving dos, a leaving London party and a family dinner. Here are a few pics from those (sorry Newham peeps - I forgot to get my camera out of my bag during our time in the Eddie!):



The (previous) community engagement team at Newham






 
 
 



 


Thank you to those that celebrated with me and for all the good wishes, cards and pressies. Hope you enjoy following this blog.





3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, that looks a great send off from your family! Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny Looks like you had a great send-off and are enjoying yourself already.
    Good luck on your first day from Margaret Zincraft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. First few days have been fine thank you. Lots to take in, but I think Newham has prepared me for anything!! Hope you're well xx

      Delete